Yvette Hurley
Chief Administrative Officer

988 County Road 10
Millbrook, ON. L0A 1G0

View Map
Email Yvette Hurley

Tel 705-932-9328
Toll 1-877-906-5556
Fax 705-932-3458

Elana Arthurs

988 County Road 10
Millbrook, ON. L0A 1G0

View Map
Email Elana Arthurs

Tel 705-932-9326
Toll 1-877-906-5556
Fax 705-932-3458

Cindy Page
Deputy Clerk

988 County Road 10
Millbrook, ON. L0A 1G0

View Map
Email Cindy Page

Tel 705-932-9324
Toll 1-877-906-5556

Municipal Administration

The Municipal Administration Department is governed by provincial legislation mainly under the Municipal Act, the Municipal Elections Act and the Municipal Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.  The Municipal Administration Department provides an essential link to the public and support to Council, its' Boards and Committees and other Municipal Departments.  This Department interacts with all levels of Government as well as various organizations, associations and businesses. 

In addition, Municipal Administration is responsible for:

The Municipal Administration Department strives to provide an enhanced level of customer service using a variety of communication methods to inform the public and maintain accountability and transparency. 

Chief Administrative Officer

The Chief Administrative Officer (C.A.O.) for the Township of Cavan Monaghan provides advice to Council about the Township's organization and operating procedures and is responsible for the overall administration of municipal departments. The C.A.O. ensures that all municipal departments are providing quality service in a timely, efficient and cost effective manner.

Clerk's Department

The role of the Clerk's Department is to provide services to internal and external customers of the Township.

The Clerk's Department is responsible for the provision of administrative support to the Municipality and Members of Council. The Clerk's Department prepares and distributes agendas, minutes and by-laws and retrieves information relating to Council and Committee meetings. Meeting agendas insofar as practicable shall be prepared and posted by 3:00 p.m. on the Wednesday immediately preceding the meeting.  

Secretarial and clerical support is provided to committees of Council by the Clerk's Department.

Lottery Licences

The Clerk's Department is responsible for the issuance of various licences under the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.The most commonly issued licences are for raffles, bazaars, break open tickets and bingo.

A final report must be filed within a designated time frame in accordance with the terms and conditions of lottery licence being issued. Raffles report, bazaar report, break open tickets report and bingo report.

Commissioner of Oaths Services

The Municipal Clerk, Deputy Clerk, Treasurer and Deputy Treasurer may act as Commissioner of Oaths.  There is a $15.00 fee for residents and a $20.00 fee for non-residents for each document commissioned.

To have document(s) commissioned all parties required to sign the document must be present and provide valid photo identification. If all documentation is in order, the parties will be required to swear an oath of truth and sign in the presence of the Commissioner prior to commissioning of the document.  Do not sign your document ahead of time.

We reserve the right to refuse commissioning services of any document. 

It is recommended that you contact the office in advance to ensure a signing authority will be available 705-932-2929.

The Township of Cavan Monaghan does not have a Notary Public on staff. 

Marriage Licenses & Civil Wedding Ceremonies

The Township of Cavan Monaghan is now offering the service of issuing Marriage Licenses and performing Civil Wedding Ceremonies.

The fee for a Marriage License is $125.00 and can be purchased at the Municipal Office.

The application/issuing process takes approximately 20 minutes, assuming all conditions have been met including that it has been signed by both parties.

No person under 16 years of age may marry in Ontario. Any person who is 16 or 17 years of age (other than a widow, widower or divorced person) must have written consent of both legal guardians. A special consent form is available for this purpose.

Marriage License Application Form

Identification Required

  • a. Valid Passport or
  • b. Original birth certificate or baptismal certificate plus government issued photo I.D.

Photocopies of any documentation are not accepted

The completed application may be submitted by either applicant. If only one applicant is present to obtain the marriage license all the proper identification is required for the absent person as well as for the person submitting the application.

Divorce Documentation Required

When an applicant has been divorced and the divorce was granted in Canada, the Original or a Court Certified True Copy of the Decree Absolute or Certificate of Divorce is required.

A copy can only be certified by the Court in which you were divorced, photocopies are not acceptable.

If the divorce was granted outside of Canada, please consult the Clerk's Department for further details regarding Provincial authorization. The process for applying for and obtaining authorization from the Registrar General's Office in Thunder Bay is a lengthy process. Please ensure that you allow at least 6-8 weeks to obtain the documentation.

Civil Ceremonies

The Clerk's Office can also perform civil marriages in the Province of Ontario. Staff is available to perform marriages either during or after regular business hours. There are a number of marriage ceremonies that can be tailored to meet your needs.  The fee for a civil marriage during regular hours is $300.00 and the fee for the civil marriage during non-regular hours is $400.00. 

Our Local Weather